Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Paints in the post, VAT and Conan

I just got this rather nice update on paints posted in the UK mail.
Good news, now I can continue buying hard to get paints from UK.
Unless off course the new stupid VAT rules are allowed to go forward. It’s bad enough as it is with digital downloads, but with the continuation comprising all mailorder it will be a deadly blow against the hobby. Do read about what is happening and sign the petition.You can do more, contact your local newspaper for instance. The knowledge about this stupidity seem to be non-existent.

Finally something a bit more funny – a Kickstarter! Conan this time. A lot of stuff for a reasonable amount of money. Tons of stretch-goals. What’s not to like? (For the record – I have not pledged. Trying to get friends to do the dirty work for me. Without success… L)
Finally a great big welcome to follower RMacedo NoVember with the blog One Fine Day In August. Lots of really nicely painted minis. 

10 comments:

  1. I will get with the petition later, the VAT also hurts us overseas as it just adds to the pricing...I rather like some paints that are hard to get in the US like Foundy.

    The Conan KS is amazing....I am down with it.

    Did you see Warlord is helping to distribute a Terminator Genisys Game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also jumped into the Conan after resisting for half a day...started seeing the stretch goals & I am big Robert E Howard fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must control my fingers.... must not click pledge button... the agony...

      Delete
    2. Fail, by the way.
      I missed my save against temptation.

      Delete
    3. Fail, by the way.
      I missed my save against temptation.

      Delete
  3. Don't get me started on paints in the post! In fact I've already started a blog post about it :-) Here in New Zealand it can be very difficult to get paints from overseas, and local stockists are increasingly rare. I hope you are able to maintain your supply lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the moment it looks good. The VAT legislation will hopefully die as people start to understand the impact of it.

      Delete
  4. I had the guy from Essex Minis carry a bunch of Coat d'Arms paints with him to Antwerp where a friend of mine picked them up and brought them back to Stockholm. No more of that, mail order again! Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good news indeed.
      That VAT-thingie on the other hand... you might have to go back to courier...

      Delete