Monday, 15 February 2016

Kickstarter Watch – Relicblade

I’ve backed quite a few skirmish-rules the last year or so and I’m expecting them (Song of Blades & Heroes v2 and Open Combat v2) very soon. Always on the look-out for good rules I found Relicblade on Kickstarter the other day and it shows a lot of promise.
It’s essentially a few figures a side battling it out in a small area (2’x2’ or so) in a short time. A match seem to last half an hour to 45 minutes and it looks to be fun and easy to learn.
Looks like the rules will be available in German, Spanish, French and other languages too.
You can hop in for as low as $6 for the PDF-rules and cards. The get-everything-and-the-stretch-goals level is at $99 and there you’ll get a physical copy of the rules and cards, dice, miniatures and more.
I approve of what they seem to aim for “It's not unusual to play several games over the course of a couple drinks.” I think I like this game already J
The project is funded now and is moving towards the first stretch-goal. You have until March 20 to hop in.
I’m in for the PDF-rules. The postage to Europe was a bit steep for the printed rules and cards, otherwise I would have jumped in for those. The minis are nice but I have a ton already (even though the spirit weapon was really nice. I wouldn’t mind that)
Anyway, check it out and see for yourself. I especially recommend the Battle of Lava Castle game they’ve recorded – it will give you an idea of what to expect.


All pictures and illustrations © Metal King Studio and used with permission

7 comments:

  1. More temptation....fortunately (or unfortunately...hard to tell) the upcoming Conan RPG Kickstarter from Modiphius which goes live tomorrow is going to suck my wallet dry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right... that one.
      I backed the Conan boardgame one last year. Still waiting for those figs to arrive though.
      On the plus side for this one is that you get the PDF-rulebook in March. And, hey, $6... Won't ruin you.

      Delete
  2. More temptation, might just go and have a little look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking a look at Relicblade, guys! If you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask. I'm easy to get ahold of through the Metal King Studio Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete