Saturday, 30 April 2016

Kickstarter Watch – Blood and Plunder

Pirates – what’s not to like (when we’re talking miniatures and games, that is)?
The Blood & Plunder kickstarter is all about classical pirates doing their thing in the Caribbean. You will see British buccaneers and militia battling Spanish Guarda Costa and militia on ships and/or land. Yes, on ships, which there are several variants available.
The rules for this 17th century, 28mm skirmish (13 to 50 models) game cover both land, naval and amphibious combat and that is what makes it so interesting, in my opinion. You can have your ships shoot it out and then have some boarding action.
I’m very tempted, but… another period…. Aaargh!
Anyway, I already have a pirate ship, so I’m halfway there already…
Check it out if pirates are your thing. (You know they are...)

There are a lot of intereresting kickstarters out there at the moment. Expect to find out about some of them here.

All photos and illustrations © Firelock Games and used with permission.

10 comments:

  1. I like the figures! Thanks for sharing!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're nice figs but...and quite apart from the fact that I still have all the On the Seven Seas Nickstarter figs sitting unpainted at the bottom of the lead pile...I'm all spent out at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can them painted before these arrive, then :-)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to keep my Kickstarter spending to a minimum, but my word, these look pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice presentation. I am really into playing games in this era but I will make my own rules to get all the aspects right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice presentation. I am really into playing games in this era but I will make my own rules to get all the aspects right.

    ReplyDelete