Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Summer of Kickstarters

This seem to be the summer of Kickstarters. For once that doesn’t mean I back them, instead the pledges are dropping in.
Heroines in sensible shoes arrived last month, on time (!), and the figures are really gorgeous. Now they are gorgeous in the tin mountain as I have far too many unfinished figures on the painting table at the moment.
Call of Cthulhu from RAFM arrived last week, embarrassingly late, after an embarrassingly badly managed kickstarter. Rotten communications really soured that project, which is very unfortunate as the minis I got are fantastic. They are also in the tin- and resin-mountain at the moment, except for some small terrain-stuff that landed on the painting table as they will be finished in next no time.
This is a fully equipped dungeon... The Zealot stuff in a small resin-mountain.
I got all of the Twisting Catacombs dungeon scenery stuff from Zealot the other week. Another very late pledge due to the fact that the kickstarter was incredibly successful and it takes time to produce thousands upon thousands of resin furniture and small stuff. The very big difference compared to RAFM is the communications that has been continuous and open. I really want to make a dent in the mini-mountain of scenery and quite a lot of stuff has hit the painting table. A post on that will go live later this week
I’m also expecting the rest of my Zombicide: Black Death stuff to arrive any day now, and the same with Mercs: Recon.
Zombicide is great fun, we play it quite a lot and those figures will make it to the gaming table soon, especially the heroes.
Mercs on the other hand… well, I’m not sure. The game looks okay, the minis paint up well, but I’m not sure that I’m really into the period. I might sell everything or I might paint it up and play the game and maybe use the minis for other games also (Black Ops comes to mind). If you’re interested in the “Agent Level” + “All in add on packs” + assorted extras for the same price I gave for them (+ postage) then give me a call.

I do believe I have to do something about the size of that mountain…

12 comments:

  1. Do you have Black Ops? I've seen it been used for commando raids in WW2 with little or no changes, so I'm very curious about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not yet. I've heard lots of good about it, though, and think it will work well from WWII to the future.

      Delete
    2. I mean, I have a bunch of Foundry german guards and a handful of commandos... seems like a match made in heaven.

      Delete
    3. And I will soon have a big harbour and a sub...

      Delete
    4. Black Ops hit the mailbox today. Show it to you next week.

      Delete
  2. That's quite some addition to the lead and plastic pile, very envious. I'm sure Black Plague won't be too long and we have those fabulous Fantasy Miniatures that you highlighted for me to look forward too as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit too much to be good, at the moment.
      I just remember that there is also "Return of the Monsters"
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heresyminiatures/return-of-the-monsters
      coming soon. Sigh.

      Delete
  3. I've just taken a look at the Heroines in sensible shoes line, and like them. Not a chainmail bikini in sight, which gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heroines are really very nice, and I also like the non-chainmail-bikini look.

      Delete
  4. Your lead/plastic mountain must be Himalayan in its proportions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has become a bit high... yes. Climbers need to bring oxygen...
      As you can see I am even trying to sell off some stuff.
      It is to high, and I'll try not to buy anything more (except select pieces that I really need) or back more miniatures kickstarters. It must not get higher.

      Delete