Wednesday, 4 October 2017

Kickstarter Watch – Terrain for 6 and 15mm wargames – WWII West Front

I mainly game in 20 and 28mm, even if I have dabbled in 6mm WWII Desert War. That means this kickstarter isn’t aimed for me, but I still think it looks really interesting and well worth a look if gaming in between 6 and 15 mm is your thing.
This is the first kickstarter from Eskice Miniature and they have chosen scales that we normally don’t see in much of 3D-printing kickstarters, which is very smart from a business standpoint. 
For €10 you’ll receive the whole town, in this case 11 files for 11 buildings, either intact or ruined.
The excellent thing about 3D-printing is that you can mirror these so you’ll get even more variation.  €20 will give you all the files, both intact and ruined houses. Add to this the usual stretch-goals.
For those of you without printers there is a possibility to buy physical copies of the buildings in separate pledges.
All in all, I think these look really promising and it will be interesting to see where this kickstarter goes and what Eskice Miniature will do next.
Speaking of what they will do next; this is a sneak-peek on their next project, courtesy of Aron of Eskice Miniature.
As always when you buy stl-files, it is important to remember that you buy them for your own use and don’t share them. We should all want these small companies to survive and thrive, so that they can continue to give us more stuff to drool over.
This KS ends on October 24 2017.

All photos and illustrations  © Eskice Miniature and used with permission

12 comments:

  1. As I've actually done a couple of NWE games in 6mm this is very interesting. If I buy them, can you print some of them for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, if and when I get my printer running or get a new one.
      Tinkered with the printer yesterday and I think I know what's wrong and what to do about it - in theory if not in practice...

      Delete
    2. You are sure a great inspiration making me want a printer of my own... eh... not really. Or rather I do, but it seems like they are always broken or clogged up.

      I will probably support this because I envision getting a printer of my own some day... and 6mm IABSM is very viable.

      Delete
    3. I think it is mainly my printer that is a really crappy one :(
      I have great expectations on my (hopefully) next one.
      Great, hope you support it and I look forward to do a couple of prints for you to see how they look and work out

      Delete
    4. So what printer do you have? So I can avoid that one?

      Delete
    5. M3D Micro. Sold by Kjell & Co and others. Cheap (around SEK 3000/USD 300) but not easy to serve as they have taken some rather stupid design decisions and service-manual is non-existent (You can find some stuff on the net but that is often less than well-thought out, imo). That fricking fan... grrrr. Why glue?!

      Delete
    6. Roger, roger. Will stay away.

      Delete
  2. They do look very nice, smallest I play is 10 mm but love the look of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These will work perfectly well for 10mm, too. You can re-size them easily and then print in whatever scale you wish (between approx 6 and 15mm as details might look wonky outside those sizes). One of the pluses of 3D-printing.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, that's one of the things that tempts me. I think generally that the footprint of buildings are too small, so I intend to print these at maybe 120%. I mean, houses are big.

      Delete
  3. Thank you very much for this article joakim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Aron. Good luck with the kickstarter.

      Delete