Friday 19 May 2017

Mercs: Recon - Civilians

When I at last started reading the rules for Mercs: Recon I found out that I really wanted to have a bunch of civilians painted up and more Security Force personnel. I’ve already painted some type 2 and 3 security types, but I also needed type 1 and 4 so I don’t have to use markers for those during game-play.

Administrator and Scientist
Here’s the first bunch of civilians, they're all from expansions or KS-extras. Not the best when you look at details, but ridiculously easy to paint as there are no weapons, scabbards, buckles, belts, backpacks, armour, hats, helmets or other gear. Two more batches are on the painting table now.
Worker and Analyst
These could be use in both more or less modern, near future and SF settings.

11 comments:

  1. You really are making quite a dent in your plastic mountain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more that I am frantically trying to let it not grow. (I fail, by the way... all those late-delivery Kickstarters, it's all their fault!)
      :-)

      Delete
  2. Really nice, i have quite a bit of MERCS original stuff laying about doing nothing, maybe i need to revisit it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An untouched plastics mountain is a sorry piece of terrain, so it is always a good idea to rumage around some and reconsider whether to paint something or not.
      You sometimes find a pleasant surprise or two.

      Delete
  3. Civilians says you.
    Zombie food says I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, the workers do look like they are about to become zombie-snacks and the admin looks like she don't want to be the slowest of her co-workers :-D

      Delete
    2. I don't have to be faster than the zombies, I just have to be faster than you...

      Delete
  4. They look smashing Joakim, its an area I seriously lack the models for, may have to buy some :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But do you need models for that period? I seem to have far too many periods going at the same time...

      Delete