Another boat/ship for my Pulp Alley Indonesian harbour project. I really liked the look of it and I guess it can be used in a multitude of settings.
I started to build it straight out of the box, or rather flat package.
But the funnel didn’t do it for me, so I made a new one from a drinking straw.
While I was at it, I replaced the steam piston assembly. Another piece of drinking straw and brass wire.
Now the boiler looked like crap compared to the rest.
0.5 mm plasticard, more wire and green stuff and it started to look rather good.
While I was green-stuffing I made a cleat on the fore-deck.
And a piece of plastic rod made the roof look better.
Painted as all my boats – Vallejo Cork Brown, wash of Army Painter Strong Tone ink and drybrushed with Buff.
As I final thought I added some ‘rope’ from another ship (nearly finished now, you’ll see it in a couple of days’ time) and painted it with Humbrol Hemp.
Welcome new Followers:
Pendragon Without with a blog with the same name. It’s about miniature games in general and very enjoyable. Go visit!
Oh, and if you would like to have my views on Osprey’s new book The Caucasus 1942-43: Kleist’s race for oil, Campaign 281, then you had better open your latest issue of Miniature Wargames (issue 386). You’ll find all you need to know about the book in the Reviews section.