Thursday 27 September 2018

Abigail from Rise of Moloch and an ordinary ghost


White… I always dread white. It’s bloody difficult to look convincingly white.
So I started with the ghost from Reaper. A white primer, Dark Tone wash and then heavy drybrushing with white.
It actually didn’t look too bad. Maybe white isn’t so difficult.
When I was half convinced that I could do a reasonable white I starter with Abigail Sutherland, one of the heroes of The World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch. She’s another stunning model, they all are.
I removed her from her internal base, cleaned up some mould-lines and repeated the ghost treatment and added colour here and there.
Ready for gaming with a ghost as a bonus.
original art from her card

6 comments:

  1. White is never fun to paint but these have turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phil!
      I feel pretty good about them.

      Delete
  2. The way I approach white (and sometimes black) is pure white is rare in nature, it's usually some sort of off-white, pale cream, very light gray, or some such. Then you can use a more "whiter white" as highlights.

    Nice work on these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right. I'd like to try with a very, very light blue as base, to get a 'colder' white.
      Next time.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant stuff Joakim! You really captured the look of the card into the figure 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor!
      I rather like painting tho match the art. It is great fun and helps when you game.

      Delete