I like the concept, essentially winged snakelike creatures, but I am disappointed with the minis.
They are made of five parts – body, two wings, ‘head’ and tongue. Rather good fit, meaning I didn’t need that much green stuff to hide cracks. Unfortunately the details a bit lacking and that is especially noticeable where the tail wraps around the rocks on the ground and where the body coils and sort of mergers on the minis. I would have liked to see more distinct parts that do not blend into each other. I guess I could have made bigger effort with my painting to ‘separate’ the parts with shadows, but I just couldn’t bother.
Anyway, these are the paints I used:
Body – Vallejo 882 Middlestone with a wash of Army Painter Strong Tone. The backside of the wings also got a wash of Citadel Washes Thraka Green and I drybrushed the undersides with 971 Green Grey.
Claws – 034 Bone White with a Strong Tone wash
Rocks – 987 Medium Grey also washed with Strong Tone.
Mouth and tongue – 944 Old Rose washed with Citadel Baal Red. The tongue got another wash of Citadel Leviathan Purple. I also painted faint streaks of Baal Red around the mouth.
Gills – two washes of Baal Red over the ordinary body tone.
Teeth – 034 Bone White.
Everything varnished with Vallejo Matte Varnish and mouth and gills got a coat of Gloss Varnish.
|Die! Shooter from Black Scorpion.|
Click here for the rest of my painted Brimstone minis.