Thursday 1 December 2016

Mercs: Recon – CCC and a bit of gaming.

At last! The final pieces from the Mercs: Recon – Counter Threat box are done. These are inspired by the art from the Player Boards, where the soldiers wear predominantly yellow armour. I seems that camo is not high on any soldier’s wish-list, but instead everyone proudly shows his or hers affiliation when they make their hit-and-run attacks.
Not my proudest painting-moment, but they are finished at last and I can have a game.
So, yellow they are. I went for something as easy as possible to paint and I can’t say I’m super-exited by the result. I should have gone for more contrast, but I won’t redo them. I guess they are good enough for a game.
Now I only have to read the rules and have a go at the game. Should be interesting.

This weekend saw Smashcon, a local board game con where we usually stage a To Fat Lardies game. We had to cancel this year’s game, though, as other things came in the way, but I took the two younger kids there on Saturday and we had a blast gaming all day. Me and the daughter went on Sunday too, and had as good a day then.
We managed ten different games in all - Treatment: A Psychiatry Card Game, Evolution, Deep Sea Adventure, King of Tokyo, Splendor, Via Nebula, Patchwork, Kanagawa, Wasabi! and Dream Home. Some good and some excellent. A great weekend (but no painting)
Yesterday saw a game of Zombicide: Black Plague at the club. A really good and tense game where the zombie hordes were following us closely. We won, but it was a rather close shave. An excellent game!
Notice the painted minis!
Last week we had another game of Pulp Alley at the club, and I’m writing that AAR. Coming soon.
We also had a game of Conan. Great fun! That is a game that will be played a lot.
Also making a change in the hobby corner, more on that in a future post.

Finally, welcome new follower Generalissimo Forde with blog Continental Drift Painting, self-described as “An old geezer who paints a bit, and then writes about it.” It’s all about painting, AARs and stuff. Nice! Check it out!

8 comments:

  1. What a busy gaming life you lead! Looking forward to the Pulp Alley AAR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been so busy I haven't had much time to paint :-(
      But I managed to play 11 previusly unplayed games in less than a week!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Zombicide was great and it is such a treat to play with painted figures. (We unfortunately had to use a couple of as yet unpainted runners, but that will soon be rectified.)

      Delete
  3. That was one of the best games of Zombicide I've ever played and considering the fact that they have all been great, that is saying something.
    More of that.
    And more Conan.
    And some MERCS.
    And more Blood Rage.
    And by then I'll have The Walking Dead ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was one of the greatest and the second one in a row where almost all zombies were on the board.
      Don't forget
      and more Shadows of Brimstone

      Delete
  4. You have been busy! Looking forward to seeing the Pulp AAR!

    ReplyDelete