Tuesday 21 March 2017

Ram Clan Shaman from Blood Rage

This guy comes from the Blood Rage: Mystics of Midgard pack.
I started him early last year, intending to use him in Frostgrave. But he wasn’t needed as my warband became all-female and this guy just stood there in the painting queue, essentially just needing a few details finished here and there.

Now that is rectified and with some hope we will see him in a game in the not too distant future. He’s got an identical brother that I really should paint also. Sometime soon, maybe.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if it's the lighting in the photos, but I feel there's not enough contrast. The axe-head for example could do with some definition, maybe a black wash around it.

    Maybe it's just a quick job to get him table ready, in that case he's ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, off course, this is not one of my best and he could do with some extra work, but in this case I just wanted to get him off the painting desk.
      I stupidly pressed Publish instead of Save when I worked on the post and this guy came live long before he was supposed to. I intended to take new and not so blurry pics, but that was not to happen.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Love this fig! Between Blood Rage and Conan you have an awful lot of superb sword and sorcery figs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between Blood Rage, Conan AND that big drawer full of metal, resin and plastic... Yes, you're right. It's trula an awful lot. I must live to at least 104 to be able to paint everything... ;-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is, as all Blood Rage figures, a very good mini.

      Delete
  4. Sorry but that is really ugly and quite mediocre work.Why is the drum red ?? Why everything has to be same brown color ? Hair, the stitches on the drum, the fur, everything ????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it so much.
      The red is clan colour as it is in the game. Sorry that you're allergic to that color.
      Brown - yes, it's brown, but certainly not the same. You would have seen that if you had looked.
      Have a nice day!

      Delete