Monday 22 January 2018

The hobby corner

During X-mas I fixed my hobby-corner a bit. Much better now with everything close by and sorted.
An unusually clean painting desk with my trusted magnifying lamp. Drawers filled with brushes, bases, half-finished projects, some minis, extra paints, plastic card, rods, wires etc)
To the left is a chest of drawers (Malm from Ikea) that holds unbuilt/unpainted minis, terrain-stuff and large equipment (hot wire cutter, glue guns, Dremel, static grass applicator and whatnot), 3D filaments etc. Excellent to have everything close by and not scattered all around the house.
On top you can see my 3D-printer that, after much tinkering this week-end, is now officially dead. 
Best of all are the paint racks from Warbases. Excellent stuff! After all these years I have finally all colours from Vallejo’s Model Color range, placed in the four racks and easily found. The lone rack is filled with assorted bottles of primers, metals, varnishes and odd bottles.

Really satisfied with the whole set-up.

11 comments:

  1. I need to get some paint racks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant set up Joakim! The paint racks look fantastic. It's always fun to see photos of where everyone works and creates :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works real fine and I have everything within reach - exept boardgame-boxes, like Conan and Pantheon, that are a couple of meters away, in the cellar and neatly arranged in a bookshelf.

      Delete
  3. Nice & tided Joakim but for how long I wonder :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's not go there...
      The Daughter came in just as I had taken these pics and said "Oh, you've cleaned the desk. Nice!" :-D
      It does need a good cleaning every month or so

      Delete
  4. Nice and tidy! You set a good example for me to follow when I eventually get my room set up. Paint racks are a must, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got to see it when it was nice and tidy :-D
      Anyway, the racks certainly make it easier to tidy up. Best investment in a long time!

      Delete
  5. Wow that is a fantastic set up, I am so envious. It must be a joy to work there:-)
    Do you find the magnifying lamp works well. I am needing stronger glasses and then everything is blurred when I look away from the work:-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is finally just like I want it (well, I obviously wouldn't mind even more space, but...). Very comfortable and everything within reach. A better chair would be nice, but the one I have is ok.
      The magnyfying lamp is a must. 55 in a weeks time, and I need both that lamp and reading glasses to be able to see details, I'm afraid. That lamp was a great second-hand find!

      Delete
    2. Getting this 2nd hand is a great find. All my paints and brushes etc fit into one of the 9l really useful boxes.
      Excellent set up.

      Delete