Friday 4 September 2015

Vietnam River Boat from Barrage Miniatures

Barrage Miniatures produces a whole lot of different resin boats and also a handful of very nice early armoured cars.
The boats range is substantial, Viking ships, rowboats, WWII assault boats and landing crafts, Vietnam War local boats (like these) and armoured boats and more. All in all more than 30 different models.
I ordered a handful of different Vietnamese boats for my harbour, and these two are Vietnam River Boats, for €8 each. They are one-piece resin models with crisp detailing. A few very small bubbles that a bit of paint hides. Otherwise pefect.
Great for my Pulp Alley games and also Thomas' French Indochina. I think he is drooling now :-)
A couple of other similar boats on my painting table now. More on them shortly.
Paints Used:
Wood – Vallejo 872 Chocolat Brown
Painted wood – Citadel Foundation Orkhide Shade or Fenris Grey
Everything drybrushed with Chocolat Brown, 843 Cork Brown and 819 Iraqui Sand

Service from Barrage Miniatures was excellent with a very short delivery time. Highly recommended.

A big welcome to Eric the Shed with Shed Wars – a great blog on what is happening in his shed (yes, it’s wargames-related... J). He’s also working on a harbour, by the way.

12 comments:

  1. I own several Barrage models, including a few of the landing craft
    The quality and the detail are outstanding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a really interesting company. Well worth a visit.

      Delete
  2. Those are nice, well painted and look very clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      I intend to fill them with clutter when we game. A clean gaming board is a boring one.
      More clutter to the people.

      Delete
  3. Det går bra för dig, fin produktionstakt ;)

    Och ja, Thomas bör dregla över Vietnambåterna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Har aldrig hunnit med så mycket som nu, så visst går det bra.
      Jag gillar projekt - får en att fokusera.

      Delete
  4. Great! You have quite a fleet now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the harbour will be cramped and I still have four more boats to finish... I don't really need a harbour... the 3'x3' will be filled anyway :-)

      Delete
  5. Joakim:
    I just caught up on your blog and am very impressed with your harbour project, it is very well thought out and should make for an amazing game setting. Thanks for letting us know about Barrage Miniatures, some of their WW2 vessels will be just the thing for landing my intrepid British Commandoes or Nasty Nazis in my Weird War Two campaign.
    Cheers,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael
      Glad I found you found a new dealer :-) Barrage do have a lot of interesting boats and I guess you can find just what you want there

      Delete
  6. Yes, I am drooling. I need to get started on a Dinassaut force, for sure.

    ReplyDelete