Thursday 17 September 2015

More piers for Soerabaja Harbour

I wanted the harbour to be a bit more crowded and also to be more flexible, i.e., give more re-playability. So I cut, scribed, ‘stoned’ and painted two more pier-pieces - the long and thin piece and also the short pier. 
The short piece is really useful as I can place in different places. 
Now I’m really pleased with the ground-work. The only thing I wan't to do long term is a couple of shorter half-height piers and maybe a rickety wooden jetty.
Just two more boats to go and then we will see action.
If you want to see more on the Soerabaja progress and how these piers are done then follow this thread. 

14 comments:

  1. It looks awesome! I think I am storing far too much crap in my basement. I need to clear it out to make room for projects like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Highly recommended. It has been very fun but a bit more expensive than I planned. All those boats cost rather a lot.
      Anyway. Great fun and I'm really pleased with the result.

      Delete
    2. Yep, it can get very expensive very quickly once you get started on a big project.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. I really want to see it with the crane, buildings and all the boats. But that is all at the club. Soon, though...

      Delete
  3. Damn, you we have to use that somehow in a WW2 game...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice indeed! The harbour will be an impressive setup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive build ! Looking forward to see it in all its glory at the club with all the boats and extras you built to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very impressive build ! Looking forward to see it in all its glory at the club with all the boats and extras you built to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the stuff's at the club and we put it together the other evening.with everything and a couple of buildring Gunnar built. Looks great

      Delete