Saturday 23 February 2019

De Havilland DH4a – Pulp Edition


I got myself a 1/48 scale De Havilland DH4a (Passenger) from Roden a while ago. The idea was to use it in my pulp games, as a prop or maybe something to fight for. It was half-finished for quite a while until I got it on the painting table and put it all together.
It’s a nice kit, but a bit fiddly, especially when it’s time to assemble the wings… Getting the top one in place was a bit of a pain. It didn't help that I dropped it when it was nearly done.
I painted it up totally imaginary and put on some random slides from the stash.
Pretty good result and it will look good on the gaming table, I’m sure
As a great little extra there were lots of spare parts, including quite a few bombs and machine guns. These will definitely find use as contraband. Great stuff.

4 comments:

  1. An excellent piece of modelling. I find biplanes are a pain to assemble, no matter the scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Got another one on the table now... madenss, I know :)
      Lots of fun making these.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Frank!
      Already got another airplane on the painting table. Actually rather fun to do these

      Delete