Monday 16 January 2017

Hangman’s Gallows from 4Ground

Hangman's Gallows from 4Ground
Another piece finished for my Old West games – a Hangman's Gallows from 4Ground. What Western town could be without one?
I painted this one as I wasn’t too fond of the prepainted wood-look. A relatively easy job.
The ropes are provided in the set and I stretched them and soaked with super-glue to get them stiff as they have a tendency to bend if untreated and that looks like crap.
Finally a big welcome follower Leo Donkersley.

19 comments:

  1. A great piece, and I'm sure it will be a feature of some interesting scenarios.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It screams for a scenario with oulaws vs lawmen.

      Delete
  2. That looks absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done, great tip with the ropes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried some different methods and superglue worked best. You need to paint the rope afterwards, as they turned all dark where glued.
      They are super-stiff, though.

      Delete
  4. Nice work. It'll make a great focus for all kinds of scenarios.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have a place of infamy in the city centre

      Delete
  5. Truly impressive and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phil. It's a great little kit and will work well wothout paint also.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! One of those good kits that gives you something really useful with a very small effort

      Delete
  7. Well done! The gallows is a centrepiece for my Old West Town! It’s a really nice kit.

    http://battlesheddiaries.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/dead-mans-hand-town-called-obsession.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've drooled over that great terrain board already. Fantastic!
      I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to build my own terrain. I need more that a grass-mat.

      Delete