Wednesday 4 May 2016

More from Ziterdes - the Monastery Ruins “Ruan”.

This piece is delivered pre-painted and pre-flocked and I would really prefer it to be both without the greyish brown paintjob and especially the static grass. No real problem removing the grass with warm water and a stiff brush, but it was extra job and probably made the product a bit more expensive.
The ruin from the box. The colour and static grass didn't suit my uses for it, though.
Anyway, it’s easy to finish with base-colour and two drybrushes. I pimped it with a couple of dead bushes from rubberised horsehair and that’s about it.

It is a big piece, as can be seen with this 28mm fig from Otherworld.
It's a great piece of terrain and certainly well worth its price. Recommended!
Ready for today’s game of Frostgrave.

20 comments:

  1. Looks great especially now you've gotten rid of the static grass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that grass looked just awful, but I'm very satisfied with the ZIterdes pieces I've bought. Great value for money.

      Delete
  2. Nice piece. It looks heaps better after your work. Much more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm really pleased with the end result

      Delete
  3. Well you certainly licked that into shape, another lovely piece of terrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just in time, too, as we will be using it in tonights game.

      Delete
  4. I assume someone will die in a loud, grotesque military fashion on top of that ruin tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What! Have you read my battle-plan?

      Delete
    2. Oh, dear.
      I confess, it was me that did it!

      Delete
    3. ... and the building did see quite some action, a very angry and then confused bear, not to mention a very surprised and then scared hobbit.
      More on that in an AAR soon :-)

      Delete
  5. You did a fantastic job on the make-over! Looks much better as before! Pity this is to big for 1/72 scale figures. But could it be usefull for 54 mm figures?

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peter and thanks!
      I think 54 mm figs would look on the big side, compare to my 28mm fig and think her twice the height. Well, it could work.

      Delete
    2. Just had a better look on that picture with the figure and the window opening! 54 mm might fit with this building as you say!
      Thanks for the answer!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Delete
  6. Great job, very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fantastic, I want one for my Middle Earth toys. Looks straight out of Osgilliath.
    Lovely job.
    Thomas knows a lot of things, I find it very concerning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He knew enough to be far away from the leaping bear

      Delete
    2. You should, Padre. But you should find what I don't know even more disconcerting. Such as: you can use Leap to move a bear next to your opponent. Jocke new this. Koen found out. The hard way...

      Delete
    3. And I started laughing as soon as I figured it out, Koen looked at me with that feeling of impending doom :-)
      I will enjoy writing that AAR

      Delete