Thursday 20 February 2014

28mm Giant Spiders from WotC

Even more minis from the Castle Ravenloft boxed game. This time it is spiders, of the giant kind. Another useful monster-type that you seem to bump into all the time if you’re a hobbit or fantasy adventurer.
I based these black and drybrushed with Vallejo 994 Dark Grey and 990 Light Grey… and that looked like shit. Another drybrushed, this time with 987 medium Grey, and it turned out better, but still not really….
As I didn’t want to put too much effort into these I tried to take the eyes from the whole and to the details, so I drybrushed the abdomen and every other segment of the legs with Vallejo 883 Silver Grey.
Presto, you get a nice pattern that takes your eyes away from the rest. I’m rather satisfied with how these turned out, considering where I was halfway through. Got more spiders in the stash, from Otherworld. They will come soon.
Eeeeeek! Spider vs human to get an idea of size.

Welcome follower The Lord of Excess with The Excessive Gamer – D&D, Song of Blades and Heroes, Fantasy, SF, WWII, games, stuff – check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment