Thursday 25 September 2014

BEF – A9 and A10 from SHQ

These tanks are the latest addition to my now growing force of BEF vehicles. I bought them years ago, and they got totally wrong colours then. A bath in acetone made short work of the paint (and super glue).
The kits are of descent quality. It's quite a lot of work to get them presentable, and there are some prominent mould missmatches and partly destroyed moulds making for less than perfect detail. 
Painted as my other BEF-vehicles; camouflage Dark Green G4 and Khaki Green G3 from DOA. Tracks Vallejo Panzer Aces 304 drybrushed with Vallejo 865 Oily Steel. Rubber GW Black. Everything washed with a dilute wash of Army Painter Quickshade Dark Tone.

Decals from ‘BEF – set 2 AFVs’ from Dan Taylor, and ‘UK – Tactical Markings UK-4’ from Aleran Miniatures.
A dusting with pigments to make them a bit dirty.

6 comments:

  1. Same here, I think they could benefit from a black (or very dark brown) pin wash.

    Otherwise, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going for getting stuff on the table and looking decent from half a meter away.
      Pin washes are nice, but goes against my drive to get stuff finished and the tin- and plastics-mountain to be smaller.

      Delete
  2. I missed the shift to WW2. Thanks for all the links to the kickstarters, I did get in on the Dungeon Saga but it looks like I missed a couple of other interesting ones. My son has even pointed out that i haven't painted most of my recent purchases. So probably better to get to work on what i have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, just because you haven't painted what you have is absolutely no reason for not 'investing' in new stuff.

      Delete