Friday 22 May 2015

Sampans from Sarissa Precision

My big project at the moment is to build a harbour for use in our Perilous Island campaign for Pulp Alley. One of the most important things for a harbour is off course ships and boats. Some of the smaller boats are already done.
The scenario is set in Indonesia, and I found a couple of Sampans from Sarissa Precision that could give an Asian feel to the harbour.
Built straight out of the box they looked somewhat less than impressive.
I decided to give them some paint and used Vallejo Cork Brown all over. A wash of Army Painter Strong Tone ink followed. Finally a drybrush of Cork Brown and a lighter one off Vallejo Buff.
Much better.

You can use them with the small shelter or without.

8 comments:

  1. Nice! I feel that most mdf kit really benefits from some paint

    /K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true. When this harbour thing is done I'm going back to my 4Ground buildings and give them some paint.

      Delete
  2. Those look great; I can see them in other periods/genres too - maybe some Samurai stuff. Didn't know about these before, so thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      They are truly multi-purpose. A great buy if you give them some paint.

      Delete