I have made quite a bit of progress on the Dutch East Indian harbour of Soerabaja. In the first post I had cut out most of the parts and finished one of them and also gave some tips on how to transform pink polystyrene sheets into decent looking stone.
|This was rather tedious... to say the least.|
|I 'wrote' some cracket stones here and there.|
|I’ve cut the pieces with my trusty hobby knife with extractable blade. It’s a very good idea to use fresh blades. Trust me. It's difficult to cut the corners even with a sharp blade.|
|Starting to look like a stone dock.|
|The gap between the main harbour and the removable jetty. A slight warping of the long harbour-piece made a small height difference. Not much and I feel it's okay.|
|As you can see I’ve started to give the fantastic Sarissa bridge some stonework. More on that in a future post.|
|I actually used my brain during construction! The steps take a 1" base.|
Now I’ve finished all those parts and the whole thing as starting to look rather interesting.
I’ve decided to make a couple more stone jetties of different sizes to be able to rebuild the harbour in different ways.
You can see a tug that just arrived in the post and I'm still waiting for a crane.
More updates to come.