Wednesday 17 April 2019

3D-Printing Review: Roadside Sandwich Shop from LOOT Games

I had some contact with Loot Games when they ran their Sci-fi/PostApocalyptic 3d printable playsets for wargames kickstarter in March. They kindly sent files for their Road-Side Sandwich Shop for a review, but my printer was out at the moment, and when I had fixed it the campaign was over.
Now they have revisited the old campaign in a new kickstarter and that was a great reason to make a review of the shop.
I printed it on my Prusa i3 MK3 with PLA filament. Sliced with Slic3er Prusa Edition. Layer height 0.10 mm, which is preferable if you want reasonably smooth walls. Print time was 3,5 hours for the pillar, 25 hours for the house body and 21 hours for the ceiling. If your fine with rougher walls you could go for 0.2 mm, which will halve the printing time. 0.05 or 0.07 would probably give even smoother walls but printing-time will obviously be longer. The construction weigh about 270 grams.
I does look a little too big for my minis, so if I make another one I'll probably print it in 80% scale or so.
I will use the shop in our upcoming zombie-games of Hjärnor, and as that is set in Sweden in the 80’s I wanted the shop to look pre-apocalypse (or rather in-the-beginning-of-the-apocalypse), that is, not a wreck and without the big sign on the roof (I will probably design one of my own). My idea is a local burger-shop, a bit run-down. We had a chain of burger joints called Clock in the 70s and 80s, that fit the bill rather well, and a quick Google-check turned out a few useful menues and stuff.
I do need some suitable furniture for it. Faux leather sofas, plastic chairs and easy to wipe tables...
This is a great little shop that is unique in the way it looks. I really like it and the print turned out great. What’s not to like?
Pic of the shop and sign from the kickstarter, printed with 0.2mm layer height. © LOOTgames and used with permisson.
If you’re interested in this building you can pledge for it in the new kickstarter, as just the building or as part of a bundle. Check it out before it ends on April 23 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment