Thursday 19 March 2015

Creating your own cards for Shadows of Brimstone

Me and my son David have a Brimstone campaign going. Great fun! But we have one problem now as the heroes start to get upgrades, mutations, equipment, one-adventure bonuses etc. How the heck to keep track of it all?
Our attempts with paper and pen is sort of okay but not very visual.
I’ve used the free program Magic Set Editor previously to make cards for I Ain’t Been Shot, Mum! and it works well there. Time to try it out for Brimstone.
Cards to show the upgrades and also the cumulative stat changes and other info for our heroes. As usual, click on the picture for a close-up.
David and I sat down yesterday and made the cards we needed for next game and it was easy, fun (trying to find good illustrations) and gave great results.
Special ammo and auras for next adventure, a piece of equipment we bought in town, the mutation my character got due to too much darkstone and a reminder of the bounty we can earn the next adventure (we place a numbered chip on it to remember with monster gets bounty this adventure)
Next step is to laminate the cards that will be used most frequently and also making cards for the treasure we carry around so that the original cards can go back into their respective decks.


Welcome follower Rattlesnake from Little Wars wargaming club. Brien has blogs of his own, The Brien’s Great Adventure on American Civil War re-enactment and Wargaming in Sverige! - they are well worth a look. We had a great game of Naval Thunder the other day at the club. Well, great… both of my battleships sunk L

10 comments:

  1. Great job...and handy tip re Magic Set Editor! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great little program you could use for a lot of different games.

      Delete
  2. That is brilliant! And if I ever saw a reason to go and buy a nice colour printer, this is it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to go with my BW laser printer, but a colour printer is high on my list of things I wouldn't mind having.

      Delete
  3. That's a very useful program. I have used it for my own games. It can be used for event cards as well as stats cards. It is faily easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. As long as a game uses card this can find its uses

      Delete
  4. Wow that is so cool! Didn't know that tool, could be handy for mission cards and stuff.
    Keep it rolling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant,Cheers for sharing that I shall take a look,( Davros)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to share that very useful program. I hope you'll find good use for it.
      /J

      Delete