Thursday 12 January 2017

Infinity – Haqqislam bikers

I’m sure some minis are cursed and these certainly were. I started them years ago, when I thought I would start playing Infinity. It turned out that the system with all the extra rules for different figures burned by brains to cinders and I gave up on ever having a game. Anyway, I did have some minis already painted and these half-painted. So I started on the bikers again, finished the bikes and just had to finish the men.
Then I dropped one of them. Straight onto my palette. Straight into a blob of paint.
Cursed, wiped it clean and… dropped it again… into another blob of paint.
Needless to say, I just gave up.
But they have laid there in a box, nearly finished, for years, and every time I opened the box they were there, pointing at me with their rifles.

I finally managed to move them to the painting table and finished the men. I might not ever use them in a game, but now they are done. Finally!

9 comments:

  1. That's infuriating but hilarious! You beat the curse in the end though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me when I say hilarity was at an all-time low the minutes after drop #2 :-D
    The incident is much funnier today, especially as the minis are finished

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nightmare....looking good now, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have *that* mini somewhere that is always almost finish and never get done. Good one on taking these 2 to the painted lead pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the next to last of those! Really happy about that.

      Delete
  5. Well done on finishing them.
    Reminds me that I have a few that needs finishing. Gotta get to it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few...
      Sounds good. Hope to see many new painted minis on your blog in the near future.

      Delete