Sunday 20 January 2019

Female Pulp Explorers from Bad Squiddo Games (and 3D printing)


Got these female explorers painted. They are from Annie Norman’s Bad Squiddo Games, sculpted by Shayne Hoyle, and they are great.
When I see the photo of them I think I should have painted their eyes, but when you see them in the flesh (or should that be tin?) they look good enough. I think that is what I should strive for, to actually get minis to the gaming table.

I’ve had some problems with the 3D-printer from early December. Filament extrusion wouldn’t work as it should and everything turned into crap most of the time. I tried everything to solve the problem, but nothing worked.
Well, not until I thought of ambient temperature. I had the printer in our garage, i.e. my hobby-room. It’s the coldest part of the house, and now, with winter in full swing, it was down to 160C in there. That proved to be the thing. I moved the printer up to an empty bedroom, turned it on this morning, and it worked just like it should. Yay!
It’s happily printing away as I write this.

10 comments:

  1. A very fine pair Joakim I must say ;)
    Good to hear you got the printer sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Frank!
      That printer has been very annoying, to say the least. But now it seem to work just fine, even with the filament I initially thought was to blame for all the mess.
      happy :)

      Delete
  2. Rather nice, those! I'm glad you got the 3D printer working easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I's printing, so everything still seem to work.

      Delete
  3. Nice job on them both. These will make fine additions to my Sky Pirates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! My idea also. I have some RAFM-minis that will become a pulp-gang.
      Do you have a suitable airship or anything like that?

      Delete
  4. Great looking figures Joakim! I've got several Bad Squido figures myself that I need to get based here soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ivor!
      BAd Squiddo does have a lot of very nice figures. Got two more in the tin-mountain. After they are done it's time for a purchase.

      Delete
  5. 16 degrees is too cold? Anyway, glad that you have solved the issue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seem to be that way. I guess the filament turned to brittle/hard and screwed everything up.
      Anyway, its working great now

      Delete