Wednesday 3 January 2018

Good Bye 2017, Welcome 2018

What happened?
Another year came and went. I went all to fast.
So whatever did happen this last year?
Blog:
Posts - 110 for a total of 704
Followers – 15 new for a total of 200
Goggle+ Followers – 17 new for a total of 112
Hits – the bots scaled down activities in mid-summer and hits per month are back to normal pre-superbot-levels now. No real need to count them anymore as they are so skewed.
Painted:
20mm
4 French tanks.
Should have been more, but there is hope for our France 1940 Chain of Command games. Quite a few French soldiers are at least close to the painting table.
28mm
Fantasy: 93 medium-sized and 6 large
Pulp: 18 medium and one large
SF: 24 civilians and 1 large robot, all for MERCS. The civvies will work well in modern settings, and will see use in 7TV.
Western: 4 medium
WWII: 2 tankettes, a sub and a mini-sub. They will all double as pulp-rides.
Dust: 10 soldiers and 2 vehicles.
Terrain: Lots and lots of scatter terrain and a few buildings.
All in all a rather good year.
3D-printing
I had my printer serviced and after that it worked… somewhat… until is broke again… sigh.
Kickstarters
I’ve backed a couple of games, some figures and a few 3D-printing kickstarters. Not too bad, actually, as the amount of miniatures in the tin- and plastics-mountain didn’t increase too much.
Received some stuff, like Mythic Battles: Pantheon, and still waiting for the customer-relations-horror-story that is Shadows of Brimstone. Remind me to never, ever, buy anything from Flying Frog Productions as they don’t deserve any customers, really.

2018
Games and miniatures
The minis from the Conan core box are nearly done, and they are the highest priority just now. Then I expect to see lots of Conan on the gaming table.
Other games that would benefit from painted minis are Blood Rage, Mythic Battles: Pantheon and SMOG: Rise of Moloch (that will deliver in early 2018). Of those I think Blood Rage will hit the gaming table the soonest, as it I already have some minis painted.
I’ve played a game of the new DUST 1947 rules and really fancied the changes. Rules are bought and minis prepared. There will be games soon and certainly more minis painted.
Had a game of Chain of Command the other day and it was great fun, as always. I really have to paint the last few 20mm figures we need for France 1940.
As usual I will paint whatever I fancy from the tin- and plastics mountain. Probably mostly fantasy, but almost certainly some pulp and sf, too. I plan to start a Pulp Alley solo campaign, to try out that style of gaming, so will probably need some minis for that.
When it comes to terrain I will continue to work through all the unpainted scatter terrain I have lying about. I still have a couple of unfinished houses, but not too much.
3D-printing
A new printer is high up on the wish-list for 2018. I have my eyes set on the new Prusa i3 Mk3. We’ll see what happens.
Other
I hope to see some of you on Gothcon this Easter. I’ll be there with the kids and will also have a participation game of Sharp Practice with my fellow Penguins. 
If you want to game me (and a bunch of very nice chaps) on a regular basis, then it’s a good idea to join Little Wars Stockholm!

Have a good 2018 and roll lots of dice!

14 comments:

  1. A new year already? Bah Humbug!

    I will do my review of 2017 as soon as I finished the miniatures... eh, I mean fininsh photographing the miniatures I actually painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much painting done AND you found time to blog about it! I barely got anytihing painted and even less made it on to the blog. That might change this year. Maybe. I shall try, at least.
    Really looking forward to CoC 1940, Dust and GothCon this year. Oh, and did I mention I got Conan for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to the same things!
      To bad you didn't get any of the Conan-expansions instead. But it is a good game to have in the collection!

      Delete
    2. I'll play it with the giver, that way I can be sure of getting an expansion for my birthday.

      Delete
    3. Good thinking! Play it a lot! With me, too!

      Delete
    4. Oh I intend to! And DM. And I expect Green Horde withn the next couple of months!

      Delete
  3. That's an incredibly productive year to say the least - and as Thomas mentioned, to post about it all is really the impressive part. Looking forward to seeing your 2018 posts, especially Pulp Alley, CoC, and Sharp Practice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor!
      I look forward to writing more AARs as they are great fun to first play and then write. Quite time-consuming, though.
      Sharp PRaictice will be interesting. First thing is to buy the rules...

      Delete
  4. Nice review Joakim, PA solo is good fun mate you really need to get going on it, I'm play testing some new cards for solo play that Dave sent me at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to start Pulp Alley Solo this weekend. New solo-cards sounds fun, the more you have the better.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I'm not in the least jealous ;-)

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year Joakim, cheers for all the interesting posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Darryl, and a Happy New Year to you!

      Delete