Friday 22 March 2019

3D-printed Ruined Lighthouse by Printable Scenery


I had the printer going warm for a while and it is time to show what I have printed and painted.
This is the Ruined Lighthouse from Printable Scenery. It is, of course, delivered in the form of stl-files, that you use in your 3D-printer.
I printed it with 0.2 mm layer height, that I think is perfectly all-right for models this size. You can see the layering if you go close, but ordinarily you see a building from a couple of feet away and then… well, who notices really.
I used about half a kg of filament on this, costing me around 100 SEK or €10. I think I could lower that if I played around with the settings a bit, but I haven't come that far in my printer-competence yet. 
Painted mostly with wall-paints I buy in 0.4 litre cans for less than the price of two drop-bottles of Vallejo paints. I used a basecoat followed by two to four different dry-brushings of lighter tones.
This model will probably also come in a bundle with other ruined buildings rather soon.

4 comments:

  1. Add a bit of snow and Frostgrave here we come ... or Mordheim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frostgrave has sort of been the idea here. And now I'm thinking about Rangers of Shadow Deep solo.

      Delete
  2. Nice building, there will be a Frostgrave solo expansion in the future. That might interest you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've heard that and am really looking forward to it as I like that system.

      Delete