Thursday 12 January 2012

Dungeons and Dragons campaign

During the weekend we, that is, me and the kids (7, 10 and 13 years old) came back to our D&D campaign.
I have played since first edition in the late 70s, on and off, and I have really enjoyed the game. My role has mostly been as DM. I was rather pleased with 3rd edition, and converted to that at the time, but when the 3.5 edition was launched I was less thrilled. I got the Players Handbook 3.5 and left it at that. We play a hybrid of 3 and 3.5 and are happy with that. When 4th edition came I called it quits, that system simply wasn’t what I was after, and I really think this inflation in editions is a rip-off. Simply not something I intend to support. Anyway I have enough stuff for 3rd and 3.5 editions to last me through decades of gaming.
This campaign is still young, we’re in the first adventure (The Sunless Citadel) and the kids are enjoying themselves (so am I). I’m using paper terrain from World Works Games, (WWG) and that is really very versatile. I still have a lot of printed WWG-stuff to assemble, and I have also bought WWG/Wyrd Miniatures’ Terraclips terrain packs; Streets, Sewers and Buildings of Malifaux. I’m still fiddling around with these, and you will see a review shortly.
Here we see the party deep into the dungeons, discussing where to go. The kobold is their ally, Meepo.

No comments:

Post a Comment