Monday 12 March 2012

Young detective and his dog

A long time since the last post. I’ve been in the middle of a few projects, and haven’t had as much time as I would have liked for modelling and painting.
Anyway, I’m working on a few models from Mark Copplestone’s Gangsters series, from the GN9 Sleuths (and a dog) pack. The first is a young detective/adventurer with his snow-white dog.

I looked at a pic from the Tintin-movie to get inspiration for painting.
Basecoat of white with with a black wash.
Sweater - Citadel Ice Blue with a wash of Citadel Asurmen Blue.
Trousers - Vallejo 875 Beige Brown
Socks – 869 Basalt Grey
Shoes – 872 Chocolate Brown
Hair – 819 Iraqui Sand
Everything but the sweater got a coat of Army Painter Strong Tone varnish, followed by Vallejo matte varnish.

I don’t know if I’m ever going to use this figure in a game, it would feel sad to lose him to an evil overlord.

1 comment:

  1. Collateral damage in the making, aka civilian refugees for an Ardennes game?

    ReplyDelete