Thursday 17 November 2016

Mercs: Recon - Security Forces

Type 3 and 2 Security Forces (Secfor)
These security personnel come from the Mercs: Recon - Counter Threat box. I previously finished the EU, Inc soldiers from that box and they got a very basic paint-job. These are even more basic as they are the cannon fodder.
I started with one of each and tried out some different colors and did a repaint before I had something that looked at least okay. When I painted the rest of them I skipped some detailing and did some minor changes here and there to speed up painting.
These were the first two. Far to complicated :-) so I simplified the scheme even more.
Paints used
Armour – Vallejo 867 Dark Blue Grey
Boots – 862 Black Grey
Weapons – 863 Gunmetal Grey
All above washed with Army Painter Dark Tone. The weapons got two layers to get them darker.
Shirt and trousers – 819 Iraqui Sand
Cap and jacket – 988 Khaki
Cloth washed with AP Strong Tone

They will do, and now I just have to finish the last five soldiers from the CCC faction, and we’re ready for a first game.

6 comments:

  1. Looking good. I can think of several near-future, post-apoc, alien invasion, zombie infestation etc scenarios where these guys can be most useful.
    Apart from, you know, the actual game. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those near-future, post-apoc etc scenarios/games are really the reason why I paint these figs, apart from the actual game.
      Multi-use is good
      You know that you will actually have to play Mercs with me :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Gordon!
      They are good enough thanks to washes.

      Delete
  3. Makes me want to paint up all my minions! But then I realize how many there are... and quickly get unmotivated. Good stuff Joakim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! You're just like me :-)
      I really don't like painting uniforms, even though I have to sometimes.

      Delete