Thursday, 8 March 2018

Crypt from Reaper

I got this crypt from Reaper’s Bones III Kickstarter a while ago.
I wasn’t very impressed actually, as everything was rather smooth and the roof was probably supposed to be metal… not my cup of tea. Had to modify it a bit to be the way I wanted it.
Four strong magnets hold the base. Pretty impressive.
First I planted magnets in all corners of the crypt and in the base, so that I could use the base if I wanted to, or something else if that would be better.
Then I had to shave of a lot of plastic from the roof as I wanted it removable. Now it slots on and off.
The door is NOT wide enough to let a mini with a 25mm base through. That is rather stupid...
After that I got an idea and painted everything that I thought should be stone (including the roof) with Vallejo Oxid Paste to get a nice texture. I got a jar of that paste that I hadn’t used for anything, and this was a good reason to actually open it. Some of it got on the metal-parts but that wasn’t bad at all, as the texture would look like corrosion.
Then some wall-paint for the stone and AP Plate Mail Metal followed by a wash of AP Strong Tone.
Much better. Ready for some suitable undead tenants.