Friday 20 April 2012

Construct from Rackham


I bought this Cynwall Elves – Nova Construct 2 a while ago from Game Maniacs, on their 50% sale of Confrontation minis. Still going on if you’re interested in that mini you didn’t catch when they were widely available.
Anyway, I intend to use it as a golem/construct in D&D, so I skipped a set of arms. The original model comes with 4 arms with different weapons, and I discarded two of them, leaving the ones with a sword and an axe.
 Construct fighting a female paladin from Hasselfree, just to get a feeling for its size
Paints used:
(Vallejo unless otherwise noted)
Plume and cloth – 965 Prussian Blue with a drybrush of Citadel Ice Blue
Metal – Citadel Chainmail
Details – Citadel Shining Gold
Eye-slit – 952 Lemon Yellow
Everything but plume and cloth got a wash of Citadel Devlan Mud
Machinery under arms and on neck was painted with 955 Black Glaze to get an oily look.
Matte varnish to protect it all.

I’m still looking for Confrontation Orc Brontops Riders, lovely models I would like to have for my orcish Song of Blades and Heroes warband. If you happen to see one for sale and with a decent price then give me a call.

1 comment:

  1. Great work on these figures! And thank you for mentioning the paints you've used.

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete