Monday 2 February 2015

Brimstone – Slashers

I’ve been busy with Dust for the last month or so. Now I want to finish my Brimstone minis as that game really grows the more minis you have and I prefer my minis painted.
These are the Slashers from the Swamps of Death box. Big ugly brutes.
Quite a lot of preparation as the fit wasn’t great and I needed a bit of green stuff here and there.
I tried a couple of colour schemes that didn’t turn out well and in the end I just went for a really basic paint job. Well, better painted than not…
First a coat of Vallejo 874 Tan Earth, washed with Army Painter Strong Tone Ink and finally dry-brushed with 912 Tan Yellow.
Eyes black.
Breathing tubes (or whatever) got a couple of coats of Citadel Washes Baal Red on top.

Everything coated with Vallejo Satin Varnish to get a slight sheen to the exo-skeleton. Eyes and the red of the breathing tubes got a coat of Gloss Varnish.
They are based on 40mm clear bases from Sally 4th.
Click here for the rest of my painted Brimstone minis.

10 comments:

  1. Nice job. I'm doing mine in red, as per the game illustrations. They aren't finished yet though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be a simple colour scheme, but it's nice and effective for a swamp creature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mud-brown was my thought. Turned out a bit to light but now it could serve as a desert-monster too.

      Delete
  3. Hi Joakim,So glad I found your blog through our chats on SOB KS pages ( Davros ) good work an instant read when I get the Email. The slashers are looking good , I have finished my swamps base set http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?dq=skaro need to get some pictures of the hungry dead. next up I need to do some more work on Mars Attack's and then on to brimstone COA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really think the blog it is fantastic, I just need to sort a way to join any conversations, so that you know who you are talking to 8)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      This works well, just sign it with you name or alias and we'll know who you are.
      As an alternative you could get yourself a Google+ account and sign off with that. Just like I have.

      Delete
  5. Those are really creepy cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my favourites from the Swamps of Death box, without a doubt. They have someone (or many) with a lot of imagination at FFG.

      Delete