Monday 23 March 2020

Paddle Steamer


Here’s a large piece for a Pulp Alley game. I just have to paint some small pieces to get that on the table.
It will work in an Old West setting also, I’m thinking a shoot-out on a limited space.
It’s 3D-printed and the files come from 3D-Print-Terrain and their ACW-kickstarter from a while back.
I had to fix the stl-files to get something printable, as there were some faults in the files and the paddle-wheel were not very good as it was. That I had to de-construct and modify a bit. Turned out well enough in the end.
I'm thinking about printing one of the even bigger paddle-wheelers for a truly spectacular Wild West shoot-out.

6 comments:

  1. Nice Joakim, but that the reason I could never go with 3d printing, if the file had a problem I'd never be able to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the PrusaSlicer it is all very easy. No magic at all.

      Delete
  2. Impressive! 3D printing has come a long way very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the machines get better all the time, as does the slicers... and me. I'm getting the hong on how to do stuff, so that helps

      Delete
  3. Nice! This would work for some colonial actions as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. It's a useful model with tons of uses

      Delete