Yesterday part 2 of the Nativity Scene was presented (as we celebrate Jul/Yule on the 24th) to my wife and it is now placed on the mantle-piece in the living-room.
I started building the scenery a couple of weeks ago and been working rather intensely with it for the last couple of days. It was finished on the 22nd, a day to spare!
|Early in the construction process. The base is built and I've started to set the LED-lamps.|
|I wanted the stables to be lit up and First thought of a small LED-spotlight. But I changed that to a lot of lamps instead, to get a shadow-free light.|
|A space made for the battery pack. Three batteries are supposed to last around 180 hours. Plenty enough.|
|Fake fur placed in strips|
|Painted with a paint-glue mix.|
|Roof dry-brushed and three-layers of static grass applied.|
|"Straw" glued down. One nail to support Josef and the other two to show where the other minis should be.|
|All the minis glued down with hot-glue. The battery-pack is well hidden behind the wall.|
|How it looks in the dark.|
|Where it belongs - on the mantle-piece. More stuff to be added next year.|
The kids got four new games this time (guess who bought them) so we will game a lot the next few days. We also had a very different game of chess yesterday, more on that in the next post.
God Jul (Merry Yule) everyone.